School Refuser - The Blog

Saturday 18 February 2012

Sarah's checklist

Sarah, one of our Forum members, has compiled a useful list of things that should help parents support their children. I have nicked it - and it is below:
  • Always keep a diary of everything no matter how small; you may need to refer to it at a later date.
  • Contact your local Parent Partnership for help.
  • Find out if your school has a Parent Support Worker - they are very good, but not all schools have one.
  • See your GP
  • Contact CAMHS - this is something schools expect parents to do and ask about CBT ( our life saver )
  • Read a great book called "Can't go won't go" by Mike Fortune Woods and that helped me to come to terms with it all and gave me a better understanding of my son's condition.
Does anyone have anything that they would like to add to the list?

I add that I think it important to make notes at every meeting - and put them into that diary.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment